Discover The Countless Health Benefits of These 8 Indian Spices
wonderful aroma but also because of their countless health benefits. I grew up eating Indian Spices and I remember that my mother not only used these spices in cooking but she also used to give us some of these spices for different ailments at home.
There are so many Indian Spices, and they serve different functions in different recipes. I am going to discuss the basic, staple, must have Indian spices in the kitchen. If you have these 8 spices in your kitchen, you can cook almost any Indian dish and also can get the most health benefits from them naturally without any effort.
1.Turmeric: Turmeric is the queen of Indian Spices not for cooking only but also for healing purposes. Without Turmeric, you can not survive in Indian Kitchen. Turmeric has a distinctive flavor and color that makes the whole dish looks so beautiful and tasteful. Turmeric has anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, anti-allergic, anti-aging, anti-fungal properties in it. Curcumin in turmeric helps in any inflammation inside the body and also prevent any growth thus prevent cancer. Curcumin also helps in lowering blood pressure. The anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-septic and anti-aging properties of turmeric makes it a wonderful ingredient for skin care routine.
2. Coriander: Coriander or cilantro is full of vitamins and minerals. It has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antifungal properties. Coriander helps in clearing the blood from toxins & free radicals, help in digestion, take care of any inflammation and also help with skin problems.
3. Ajwain: Ajwain has anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Ajwain is used for digestion issues as it increases the gastrointestinal secretion in the body and enhances digestion. The anti-inflammatory properties of ajwain help new mothers in getting rid of any inflammation and promote good digestion. For stomachache, boil pinch of ajwain in 1 cup of water and drink it, it will cure any stomach issue.
4. Cumin Seeds: Cumin is a very good antioxidant, has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory if you have acidity or any digestion issues, drink cumin seeds in one glass of water or just eat some seeds.
properties. Cumin is a good source of Iron and thus the regular use of cumin helps in cure anemia. Cumin is great for digestion,
5. Red Chili: Red chili has antioxidant properties in it thus help in getting rid of toxins. Red chili helps with better digestion and boost metabolism. It also helps in lowering the bad cholesterol.
6. Cinnamon: Cinnamon not only give the delicious aroma to any dish but it also provides very good health benefits. Cinnamon helps in lowering diabetes and prevents heart problems. If you consume cinnamon on regular basis, you can prevent diabetes and if you are diabetic, cinnamon can lower your blood sugar level.
7 Cloves: Cloves plays an important role in Indian Cuisine. It gives a nice flavor and also helps in better digestion of food. Clove has anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, anti-oxidant, local anesthetic properties in it. Clove and ginger tea can help in fever, cough, stomachache, chest pain and cold. Clove oil can be used for the skin infection. For any teeth and gum pain, just take one clove and keep it in your mouth for a while and it will relieve the pain.
8.Cardamom: Cardamom is famous for its special aroma in food and tea. It has antioxidants which help in getting rid of toxins from the body. Cardamom helps with digestion, cough, cold, nausea, acidity, heartburn and also lower cholesterol.
Thus, Indian spices are great for flavor in your food and also carry countless health benefits. There are many more Indian spices but these are just the main that you can find in any Indian kitchen. These all spices help in better digestion and increase the metabolism. Try Indian Spices in your food and enjoy the health benefits they offer.
To learn more about turmeric, check my article "Find out 17 amazing health benefits of turmeric root".